Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Merry Christmas to Me

Again, apologies for the fuzzy cell phone picture. By the way, that is a mouse pad flipped upside down that it is residing on... just for a bit of size perspective.

I was at my favorite crack store the other day and this was in the used firearms cabinet. Yup, it had to come home with me... It is a baby 1911-similar pistol from Colt, chambered in .380 ACP. I had no idea that it existed and this is just stupidly cool, in my whacked little brain pan.

Introducing the Mustang Pocketlite from Colt. I saw it, fooled with it, inspected it and had to bring it home. It cleaned up easily, just a little gunk on the bolt face and in the barrel. Other than some real minor wear marks, it looks new. It has already put a couple hydra-shok hollow points down range. I am just tickled that it came home with me today.

As with everything else, when I get around to some range time... blah, blah, blah. I am just happy that it is clean and safe.


A little bit better picture.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dan! That is a great catch! Awesome little pistol. Dunno why Colt every quit making those.

    Yep, I'd say that you have a Merry Christmas mojo going for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks James, always good to see you stopping by. I had no idea that they ever made them until I saw one. I just couldn't help but think, this is the coolest little pistol I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what the SIG P238 wishes it could be. I've shot my friend's many times and he just will not part with this pistol for good reason. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete