Sunday, April 5, 2009

So here I sit...

Should anyone recall the first attempt at economic revival through the purchase of durable goods or the second attempt at same, I was nearly giddy with anticipation yesterday when the Sears truck pulled up. But, I get ahead of the story... just a bit.

Friday (03 April 2009) ~18:00 hours - receive an automated message from Sears that my washer and dryer will be delivered between 17:30 hours and 19:30 hours on Saturday (04 April 2009). Also, reminding me that someone over the age of 18 and who is authorized to sign for the merchandise must be present.

Friday (03 April 2009) ~19:00 hours - receive a phone call from the local Sears warehouse that my washer and dryer will be delivered between 17:30 hours and 19:30 hours on Saturday (04 April 2009). Also, reminding me that someone over the age of 18 and who is authorized to sign for the merchandise must be present.

Saturday (04 April 2009) ~09:00 hours - receive a phone call from the local Sears warehouse that my washer and dryer will be delivered between 17:30 hours and 19:30 hours on Saturday (04 April 2009). Also, reminding me that someone over the age of 18 and who is authorized to sign for the merchandise must be present.

Saturday (04 April 2009) @ 16:30 hours - Sears truck pulls up and begins unloading. --Here I will inject a bit about how my Saturday evening plans had already been hashed by this dastardly delivery scheme. And, how much would anyone like to bet that had I not been home an hour before they were supposed to be here that they would have left with the appliances and claimed that they were undeliverable?-- Now, back to the story. After uncrating both appliances (Bosch washer and dryer), one of the delivery men noticed that one of the front corners of the dryer had been crushed and that when he leaned it back on the dolly, he heard parts rolling around inside the body. AND, the other delivery man noticed (with a little prompting from me) that the washing machine drain hose connection point was broken off inside the washing machine.

At this point, I am absolutely livid and it is all that I can do (mind you, the boxes were not damaged so I find it impossible to believe that the delivery men had anything to do with it) to smile and politely ask them if I can cancel the order. I am told certainly and we proceed to call customer service... at least the delivery men did not get hung up on... and worked out that, in seven to ten days the full purchase price, delivery and extended warranty cost should be credited back to my American Express. I love that should word, I am betting that Sears is going to try and stick me with a restocking fee. They load the machines back on the truck and away they go. As a side note gained from general conversation, the delivery men will not get paid for their time driving out to deliver these appliances because the appliances were refused. In my opinion, Sears has turned into the poster child for what not to be as a corporation.

So, this all ends with me being without washing and drying capacity for eight days now. Short of a broken Craftsman handtool, repair parts for my Craftsman tiller or Craftsman bench drill press... I will NEVER grace Sears with my presence and/or, more importantly, cash EVER again.

AND, Lowes will be delivering my new Whirlpool washer and dryer tomorrow (06 April 2009) after lunch. :) The other good to come from this is that the money I will save between the second set of appliances and this set allows me to get my hands on a sweet SKS and some feed for it. :)

Oh yeah, with all of this adventure and the rain spitting at us, the range trip was put off. But, should be able to hit them all next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment