Monday, January 27, 2014


After watching very little (also known as no) activity in the air lock, it has occurred to me that I may have had a slightly contaminated sample that caused an errant (too high) measurement with the hydrometer.

I used a wine thief which causes you to bottom out on something to get the trap to open and begin thieving. The something, in my case, was the bottom of the primary fermenter with its inch or so of muck. I am certain I got some muck in the sample, I just didn't think it would influence the measurement much, if any.

Short of the story... refractometer will be here Wednesday.

oh bother...

No comments:

Post a Comment