Thursday, March 12, 2009

Danfinition - Country & City Democrats

I have a number of friends and relatives who are democrats that I adore, admire and trust. People like these, who are democrats because they feel that we should take care of our fellow man, do unto others as you would have them do unto you and generally leave things better than you found them while also believing that is unto each of us to make the aforementioned choices ourselves... I term these people "country" democrats. Further, they don't much care for republicans for lots of reasons... and most of them are good reasons. I don't care if you like it or not, these are my thoughts and it is my terminology.

To imagine a "city" democrat, just remove the part about that is unto each of us to make the aforementioned choices ourselves. The "city" democrat believes that we are unable or unwilling to help our fellow man, etc... so, they will do it for us or force us to do it as they see fit. It is the same double standard created when Lincoln freed only the Southern slaves during the Great War of Northern Aggression. Again, I don't care if you like it... go read about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment