Sunday, March 15, 2009

Got my tomatoes and peppers started today...

Yes, I know, this should have been done a month ago. Time, it just escapes me anymore.

Each of these at the left is a cottage cheese (or similar) container with drainage holes drilled in the bottom and hold four seeds of some variety... to be described below.

Starting from Left to Right (seeds placed in each container at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock at about 1 to 1-1/2 inches deep):

Column 1: Top two containers have four each Roma VF tomato seeds planted. Bottom two containers have four each Early Girl Hybrid tomato seeds planted.

Column 2: Top two containers have four each Big Boy Hybrid tomato seeds planted. Bottom two containers have four each Jalapeno M chile seeds planted.

Column 3: Top two containers have four each Cascabella chile seeds planted. Bottom two containers have four each Poblano chile seeds planted.

Column 4: Top two containers have four each Sweet Banana chile seeds planted. Bottom two containers have four each Long Thin Cayenne chile seeds planted.

Column 5: These two containers have four each Serrano chile seeds planted.

I have so many different varieties planted because I like them all and I do not yet know which will perform best in my garden. First year of in-ground (v. potted) gardening is happening this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment