Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The e-mail sent to Senator Bobby Singleton this evening.

Mr. Singleton,

I am writing this evening to discuss with you my views on HB 432. Sir, I believe in preparedness for as many things as possible. To this end, I firmly believe in our innate right to self-defense and/or preservation. Further, I applaud Tuscaloosa county’s system of investigative checks prior to issuance of a concealed carry pistol permit; and, their issuance of hard plastic permit cards with photo and other identifying information. I truly believe this to be of the very finest order and that these sorts of checks must be done to insure that we are not licensing persons predisposed to violent resolution of issues. I am also fully aware that those persons are going to carry regardless of the law. So, there is very little that can actually be done with them until they display errant behavior. But, I digress… In short, I believe that law enforcement, in order to perform their duties, must have access to permit status of the citizenry. But, I also believe that it really is no one else’s best interest to know these things. First it puts a list out for those who would like nothing more than to know who is not armed. Second, it creates an air of fear and mistrust between armed and unarmed law-abiding citizens. Lastly, in an odd twist, it could easily lead to armed confrontation more quickly among those who know that both are armed. In that, I know you are carrying, I must get mine out before you get yours out…

All that said, I hope that you and your fellow Senators will see fit to pass this bit of legislation (HB 432) during this current legislative session. Also, while I am stumping, HB225 has been passed by the House, but I can find no mention of it reaching a Senate committee. Any assistance that you could give to boosting this along as well would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, I am including all of my contact information below. If you would like to contact me regarding any of what I have written… or for any other purpose, please feel free to do so. And, if you are going to pass this along, I would appreciate you removing my contact prior to this getting turned loose.

Thank you, so much, for your time and consideration…


Best Regards,

Dan

Last name, address and phone redacted by me prior to posting here.

http://9x19dan.blogspot.com/

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein, US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

No comments:

Post a Comment