Monday, February 9, 2009

At least mine said no, how about yours?

Alabama senators Sessions and Shelby both voted Nay on HR 1 today. While I don't always agree with them e.g. their votes (1 each incorrect, in my humble opinion) on Holder and Geithner, they have gotten it right this time. Thank you gentlemen. Follows is the e-mail that I sent to them regarding today's vote.

Senator, I wish to express my gratitude for your Nay vote today on vote 00059 regarding HR 1. As I have previously expressed, I truly believe this "stimulus" package will do nothing but sink us further into debt while not stimulating much of anything useful. Again, thank you for your vote today.

I can only hope that you are fortunate enough to have had your senators land on the right side of this one. And, how is it that Teddy Kennedy is voting today?

No comments:

Post a Comment