Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Eric Holder as Attorney General

As mentioned yesterday, I will now establish my 2 cents. First, the only way that one of Big Daddy O's nominees doesn't end up at their intended post is if that nominee retires from the competition. Now, Eric Holder bothers me on many levels, not the least of which is his stance on gun control. But, I can not fault the man for accepting the post for which he was nominated. Just can not do it. 

BUT, I can absolutely take exception with those who voted to confirm him. Are you listening Senator Sessions? One of two things, 1. you really think this guy is it or 2. you voted on this to try and curry favor for something else. Either way, I am not impressed.

And so this brings me to Senator Shelby who voted to confirm Timothy Geithner as our Secretary of the Treasury. Please see my one of two things above. I am equally unimpressed with this vote.

Oh, and by the way, I am actually relatively pleased with our state senators... just not so much by this. Finally, I am certain that there are many other possible reasons for these two to vote as they have, I am just not quite sophisticated enough to see past the reasons that I have listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment